Hey guys!!! If you want to be confident, peaceful, happy, successful, extrovert, etc, stick around with me because today, I am going to give you some information that can really benefit you into becoming who you want to be. I have been doing this thing from months and it DOES WORK! So today, let’s learn something about Affirmations and how to make them in our favorite, Expeknow style!
Affirmations are simply short statements that you say to yourself in order to get your subconscious mind reprogrammed and thinking along with that statement and empowering its traits. Doing affirmations is like reprogramming your subconscious mind. Repeating affirmations affect the subconscious mind which influences behavior, habits, actions, and your reaction.
If you study personal development, you will know that affirmations are something that most of the successful people do. The point of affirmations is to create empowering messages for your mind. Faith is something that you always need in order to succeed in any field of your life and that’s what you can have with positive affirmations.
Let’s say, you are an introvert. You go to approach people and try to do stuff that can make you an extrovert but when you fail, you say to yourself “I think, I am born with it.“, “I can’t change it.“,” Let’s keep it as it is.“, “I will never be an extrovert.“, etc.
When you say such phrases repeatedly, your subconscious mind tends to accept this fact as real. So, when you encounter some real-life situations where you have to show your nature, you tend to dwell on introvert nature rather than trying to be an extrovert. Why? Because you have been saying yourself from so long that you are an introvert. Trying to require efforts and conscious decision whereas believing what your mind says you are (in our case it is introvert) is easy to follow. So, this is how you gradually turn into an introvert.
When you do affirmations, you tell yourself constantly for a period of time without any break, “I am an extrovert“. When you do this, you fill your mind with this single statement for a period of time (let’s say 5 minutes) and this thing tells your subconscious mind (over time) that you are an extrovert. So now, when you face some situations where you have to show who you are, you start taking actions which shows that you are an extrovert.
Those actions can be as small as raising your hand in a class or speaking your answer before anyone else or saying “hi” to a person sitting next to you, clicking your selfie in a crowded place, eating in front of many people, asking for something to a stranger, etc. These actions can be anything but they do show up and make a difference. And when it comes to change, even a small difference can lead us towards big differences.
So now, if you also want to make a change in yourself and use the amazing power of affirmations for your benefit, I would advise you to use them. They are very powerful when it comes to reprogramming your mind into thinking and behaving like something that you are not.
So, here are some quick tips for Affirmations. When you do affirmations, make sure:
1. You do them daily: Never miss a day. No matter how busy you are, do them daily. You have to drill them in your subconscious mind. This works only by repetition. Make them your priority. Only 5 minutes a day can make a change in your whole behavior.
2. To keep it short: Keep your affirmations as short as possible. Make sure they are in present tense and short. Remove all unnecessary words. Like, instead of saying “I am becoming confident day by day“, say “I am confident“. This lets you repeat them more in less time.
3. Time and Place: Do them for 5 minutes in a quiet place. Don’t stop. Set a timer and just repeat. Find a quiet place without any distractions. Just keep saying the same sentence for that period of time you set.
4. Make it positive: Don’t use words like “No” or “Not” while making affirmations. Just keep them positive because you are using positive Affirmations.
5. Start with “I am…”. This is like shaping yourself from inside. You are not solving an outside problem, you are solving your mind. Your internal part. You are reprogramming it so, make sure you start your affirmations with “I am…” And make sure you feel like you are naturally facing it.
6. Visualization: This is an important one. When you do affirmations, try to visualize yourself behaving like your ideal self in every area of your life. So, while doing affirmations about confidence, you can visualize yourself being confident and for happiness, visualize yourself being happy in your daily life situations.
7. Feel the feeling: Feel the corresponding feeling as you repeat your affirmations. Like, for confidence try to feel confident. For happiness try to feel happy and for peace try to experience peace on the spot.
When you follow all the steps with the belief in your mind that they do work, you will surely create unbelievable results within 1 month. I’ve tried them myself and I can assure you that they do work so make sure to do them daily and form a habit of doing them.
Alright, This is it, I hope you liked this blogs. This is all for today. Like this post. Share it with someone who needs to see this. Make sure you subscribe to my newsletter by putting your email down there. Do affirmations. This is Atul and you are at Expeknow.